In Friday’s post, we looked at what Paul wrote about love in 1st Corinthians 13, Love is Kind.
Today, here’s a list of ways we can demonstrate loving kindness. I’m sure you can think of more ways we can demonstrate the agape love by showing kindness to others. Enjoy.
- Call the cashier by name
- Open the door for someone
- Say hello to a neighbor you don’t know
- Allow someone with just a few groceries to go ahead of you
- Help the next person in line empty their cart
- Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a long time
- Offer to run an errand for a neighbor
- Give someone from church a ride home
- Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know
- Help an elderly person carry their packages to their car
- Give a waiter or waitress a large tip
- Write “Great service” and draw a smiley face on your meal ticket
- Complement your server to the restaurant manager
- Call someone who is sick and pray for them on the phone
- Call an elderly person you know just to say hello
- Pick up a piece of trash and toss it in the garbage
- Offer to help someone do something
- Give up your seat on the train to another.
- Smile and say, “Good morning (or good afternoon)” to a total stranger
- Tell a policeman you meet how much you appreciate what they do
Be deliberate about being kind to someone today. Be vigilant about opportunities to be kind.