Jesus said “no” a lot.
He even told His Father no.
Can you imagine saying “No” to God?
Jesus accepted His role in God’s plan and would not let anyone or anything get in the way of His relationship with His Father. He surrendered His life and will to His Heavenly Father. The perfect example of humility.
- The Son can do nothing of Himself (John 5:19).
- My judgment is righteous because I seek not My own will (John 5:30)
- I receive not glory from men (John 5:41).
- I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me (John 6:38).
- My teaching is not mine (John 7:16).
- I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me (John 8:28b).
- I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me (John 8:42b).
- I am not seeking glory for myself (John 8:50)
- The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work (John 14:10b).
- These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me (John 14:24).
He became nothing so God might be all. Jesus’ life of total surrender gave Him perfect peace. The same peace we can have if we’ll surrender our life and our will in humility over to God.
This post originally appeared on FHG in January 2012