Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
One of my favorite blogs I read regularly is Revelations in Writing by Shannon Moreno. She writes thought-provoking, encouraging posts and writes poetry and beautiful prayers in her posts. In a recent post, Embreacing The New, Shannon wrote,
“Sometimes in the seasons of struggle, we must be reminded that we are no longer who we’ve been, and that He is leading us into something new that is ultimately for our good. May we embrace the truth that we are a new creation in Christ. . .”
I wonder what would happen if every person on the planet read, remembered and believed those thoughts.
- What would happen if we all saw those words in every TV commercial, on every TV show, in every movie, on every billboard, in every newspaper and on every website and blog?
- What if every politician promised to emblazen those words on every federal building right under “In God we trust”?
- What if at security checkpoints in airports and buildings security guards made folks repeat those words?
- What if police uttered tnose words to each person they pulled over?
- What if major sports venues flashed those thoughts on their huge overhead screens.
- What if, in addition to John 3:16 signs we see fans hold up in stadiums we started seeing signs with those thoughts on them?
- What if every witness in a trial had to swear on the Bible, then repeat those words before they gave testimony?
Would we see transformations? Would we begin to see less confrontation and more acceptance of others who are different from us? Would we see fewer gun deaths? Would we see peaceful settlements to disagreements? Would we see more folks love they neighbors? Would we find peace?
Just what if?