A person with their head in the clouds is said to be spaced out or distracted or on another planet. But what if we put a Biblical perspective on having our heads in the clouds? What if putting your head in the clouds was a good thing?. What if putting your head in the clouds is where God wants our head to be?
" Set your mind on the things above not on the things that are on Earth for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-2. Where is God? In the clouds. Where is Christ? With God in the clouds.
So how can we set our minds on things above? You may want to consider some of these sure fire ways to get and keep your heads in the clouds:
- Reject everything that comes into your mind or thoughts not fr:om God. Rebuke Satan at every turn.
- Develop a consistent, continual and fervent practice of prayer. Prayer always motivates you to thoughts of God and heavenly things.
- Love someone today.
- Put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6)
- Ask for his help and input often
- Read his word daily
- Thank him everyday for the work he’s doing in your life Stop reading this and thank him for one blessing you’ve received in the last 24 hours.
- Develop healthy relationships with other Godly believers.
- Take all the thoughts and instructions from God and commit to make them obedient to Christ.
- Memorize and meditate on Phillipians 4:8–8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.