Dean Martin was an American singer, actor, and comedian. One of the most popular and enduring American entertainers of the mid-20th century, Martin was nicknamed “The King of Cool”.
As a singer Martin was probably best known for his rendition of the song “You’re nobody till somebody loves you.”
Martin was a heavy drinker, a womanizer, a gambler and a chain smoker.
I’m sure he never imagined that one of his songs would bring believers so much comfort and peace and rest one day.
You see, as a believer you’re already loved deeply and forever. Almighty God already loves us unconditionally and with a love that will never fade or end. We have been loved since before Almighty God decided to create the heavens and the earth.
This love God has for us is indescribable. It is unfathomable. We can’t understand it. We can’t explain it. All we can ever do is receive it and share it with others. You can’t change it. You can’t refuse it. You can’t stop receiving it. You can never be turned down for it. God is love. He can do nothing else but love.
Here are just a few of the benefits that are part of God’s love for every believer
- You are accepted just as you are, scars and warts and all.
- You are totally forgiven for all your sins, past, present and future.
- You can’t do or say anything that will change God’s unconditional love for you.
- God makes you a partaker of an inheritance that is literally out of this world
- You are made holy and blameless and righteous.
- You are a precious child of God adopted into his family forever.
- You have received the power of the Holy Spirit and He can do miraculous things through for you and through you.
- You possess the mind of Christ and the peace that passes all understanding.
- God supplies all of our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Not every child of God believes who he or she is in Christ. For instance some believers have done things they can’t believe God would ever forgive them for. Some believers can’t wrap their arms around the truth that they were created before God created the world and they will neve die.
Whether folks believe all the above stuff or not. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s all true.
It doesn’t matter what you believe about God’s love. It only matter what God says about his love for believers. For everything God says or does is true.
I didn’t include any Scripture references in this post. I’m going to challenge you to seek God’s truth about Him and you in his word. All His truth is there.